1: Baylor, Gonzaga, Kansas, Villanova
2: Arizona, North Carolina, Louisville, Kentucky
3: West Virginia, Virginia, UCLA, Cincinnati
4: Florida St., Butler, Wisconsin, Maryland
5: Duke, Florida, Purdue, Oregon
6: Creighton, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Saint Mary's
7: South carolina, Xavier, SMU, USC
8: Iowa St., Virginia Tech, Dayton, VCU
9: Miami Fl, Kansas St., Marquette, Arkansas
10: Georgia Tech, Middle Tennessee, Minnesota, Seton Hall
11: Akron, California, Michigan St., Texas Tech, Indiana
12: Utah, Clemson, Nevada, Illinois St., Valparaiso
13: UNC Wilmington, East Tennessee St., UT Arlington, New Mexico St.
14: Monmouth, Princeton, Florida Gulf Coast, Vermont
15: Belmont, UNC Asheville, Bucknell, North Dakota St.
16: Weber St., Sam Houston St., North Carolina Central, UC Irvine
- Out This Bracket: TCU, Michigan, Georgia Southern, Winthrop
- In This Bracket: VCU, Michigan State, UT Arlington, UNC Ashville
- Even more movement took place after another unpredictable weekend. Winning on the road in the ACC seems like a monumental task for anyone. Miami and Georgia Tech were big winners, each picking up huge home wins. The Yellow Jackets are suddenly in good position after knocking off their third upper-tier ACC team.
- Also big movers this week is VCU after a decisive home win against A10 leader Dayton. The Rams are now tied for conference lead on losses.
- Creighton moves back up to a 6 six after getting right against Depaul. I expect them to settle in around that mark after a volatile week.
- Only 9 ACC teams are in right now after NC State gets bumped. The Big Ten is close behind with 8, though Minnesota and Indiana could easily fall out.
- On the bubble, I took Minnesota, Seton Hall, Cal, Michigan State, Texas Tech, Indiana, Clemson and Utah over NC State, Wichita State, Wake Forest, Pitt, Tennessee Oklahoma State, Richmond and Rhode Island.
- Teams are selected and seeded based on an "If the season ended today" scenario. This is not a projection of where I think they will end up, but where think they'd be based on season-to-date showings. Doing it this way lets us track a team's stock as the season progresses.
- Automatic bids are awarded to the team KenPom projects to win the regular season. We'll keep it that way though January, before flipping over to the teams in first place in the conference standings.
Bids By Conference
Atlantic Coast Conference: 9
Big Ten Conference: 8
Big 12 Conference: 6
Big East Conference: 6
Pac-12 Conference: 6
Southeastern Conference: 4
American Athletic Conference: 2
Atlantic 10 Conference: 2
West Coast Conference: 2
America East Conference: 1
Atlantic Sun Conference: 1
Big Sky Conference: 1
Big South Conference: 1
Big West Conference: 1
Colonial Athletic Association: 1
Conference USA: 1
Horizon League: 1
Ivy League: 1
Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference: 1
Mid-American Conference: 1
Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference: 1
Missouri Valley Conference: 1
Mountain West Conference: 1
Northeast Conference: 1
Ohio Valley Conference: 1
Patriot League: 1
Southern Conference: 1
Southland Conference: 1
Southwestern Athletic Conference: 1
Sun Belt Conference: 1
Summit League: 1
Western Athletic Conference: 1